Florida

Florida....


Well I've been here for almost 2 years now (where has time gone?!?). It's been quite the culture change vs. NY that is definitely for sure. There are many aspects of NY that I miss but at the same time many that I am glad I don't have to deal with any more. The changes are palpable on a day to day basis- I am glad I do not have to ride a smelly subway or crowded bus but in contrast I don't like driving here because drivers are so unpredictable.  That is probably my BIGGEST complaint about Florida - Drivers or lack there of. There are either really old people on the road that are slow and drive in the inappropriate lanes or there are young drivers that don't give a damn about how they drive and keep you on your toes (literally) Is it so hard to use a turn signal... really?!?!


People here are nice and polite and say please and thank you and random strangers say Hello and Goodbye. I'm still getting used to this aspect of life here; in NY you keep to yourself and don't make eye contact with people, here everyone wants to chitchat. 


I will update this post as new developments happen...but I can guarantee I enjoy my new home and will make the best of it...

Comments

  1. HD, so glad to hear that your move to Florida was a successful one. New York is not the same without you but you have found a great change in your life. Keep up posted on your adventures in the sunny state and keep shining yourself!

    xoxo

    http://onestyleatatime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Current Happenings

Return...